Aberystwyth Camera Club has been helping to promote photography in Mid Wales and to improve the photographic skills of its members for over 65 years.
Whether you are an expert using the latest camera technology or a complete beginner just starting out with your first compact camera then the club has something for you to enjoy.
The club can help you to improve your photographs through its various activities –
- Talks and demonstrations on a variety of photographic topics.
- Talks and exhibitions by experienced visiting photographers.
- Competitions using experienced external judges who can give constructive feedback on your images.
- In house competition evenings which provide an opportunity to see each other’s work and to see how your own work is improving.
- Competitions against other camera clubs in Mid and West Wales.
- Membership of the Welsh Photographic Federation and the benefit of their Public Liability Insurance.
- The use of digital or film cameras are welcome in the club.
The club meets all year round on Tuesday evenings at 7pm and features a two season Winter and Summer programme. The Winter programme is between September and April at the Penrhyncoch Village Hall, nr Aberystwyth, Wales, UK. Our Summer programme of practical sessions and outings takes place from April to September and usually alternates each week between a location shoot and then a review of our end
There is a charge of £2.50, which includes the costs of refreshments, for each meeting that you attend, and there is an annual club membership subscription of just £25. For new members there is a ‘try before you buy’ period of up to 4 meetings before we ask you to part with any money to pay for the annual subscription.
Please use the form below to get in contact with us.